An open API service providing security vulnerability metadata for many open source software ecosystems.
Security Advisories: GSA_kwCzR0hTQS1mcDM2LW1qdzUtZm1neM4AAy5w
xwiki-platform-web-templates allows users to be created even when registration is disabled without validation via template macro
If a guest has view rights on any document, it's possible to create a new user using the
distribution/firstadminuser.wiki in the wrong context.
- On a wiki with view rights for guests but user registration disabled, open as guest /xwiki/bin/view/Main?sheet=CKEditor.HTMLConverter&language=en&sourceSyntax=xwiki%2F2.1&stripHTMLEnvelope=true&fromHTML=false&toHTML=true&text=%7B%7Btemplate+name%3D%22distribution%2Ffirstadminuser.wiki%22+%2F%7D%7D where is the URL of your XWiki installation.
- Enter username and password of your choice.
- Click "Register and login"
The vulnerability has been patched in XWiki 15.0-rc-1 and 14.10.1.
There is no known workaround other than upgrading.
For more information
If you have any questions or comments about this advisory:
- Open an issue in Jira XWiki.org
- Email us at Security Mailing List
Source: GitHub Advisory Database
Published: about 2 months ago
Updated: about 2 months ago
CVSS Score: 5.0
CVSS vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:N/I:L/A:N
Identifiers: GHSA-fp36-mjw5-fmgx, CVE-2023-29513
maven:org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-web-templatesVersions: >= 8.0-rc-1, < 14.10.1
Fixed in: 14.10.1